Friday, September 20, 2013

I'm a Mother. It's what I do.

Feeling like even though I'm doing all the right things, I'm always made out to be the bad guy. I haven't done anything to anyone but still, I'm to blame. I was told that I need to take a long look at myself in the mirror. Well, I did. Do you want to know what I saw? I saw a woman who loves her kids. A woman, who contrary to popular belief, is capable of making good decisions. When no one wanted to help me. When I was struggling to keep a roof over our heads, I did it... alone. I begged. I borrowed. I prayed. But I did it. Those four little kids are who they are because of ME. I did it. I sacrificed. No one else. Me. How dare anyone tell me I'm the mother I am because of money. When I had no money, I was the only person they had. No one was paying me to sit down every night and help them with homework. No one paid me to take them to the doctor. No one paid me to take Nate to football. No one paid me to get Isaiah a speech therapist. No one paid me to help Elijah through his depression. No one paid me hug Jaliyah a little bit tighter the night she was violated. I did it free of charge because I'm a mommy and it's what I do. It's my obligation. I'm a mother. It's who I am. You would think that the news I got would have them rejoicing but alas, it has them lashing out. Nothing is going according to their plan. It all backfired.  All the allegations have been proven unfounded. There's nothing keeping me from getting my babies back. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't party. I don't go to clubs. I cook. I clean. I do homework. I wash clothes. I'm a mother. It's what I do. I don't ask for compensation.  I don't expect compensation. I gave birth to them. They're mine. God blessed me with them because I was the best Mommy for the job. Before you tell me to look in the mirror, remember, when you start pointing fingers, there's one pointing at me but three pointing back at you.
I'll never let you take away my proudest accomplishments. I was a single mother, raising 5 kids on my own. No child support. No father who wanted to be involved. No one... but me. You can insult my character. You can insult my morals and values, but don't you ever insult my capabilities as a mother. You may be able to buy them all the greatest toys. You can make sure they have the coolest clothes and give them allowances for doing their chores...However, you will never buy their affection. At the end of the day, I'm Mommy. They love me because they KNOW who I am and what I've done for them. I wear the name proudly.

I'm a mother. It's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment