Monday, January 27, 2014

Praying Empty Prayers

"I shall not lose my faith. When you lean and trust in the Lord, he will lead you down a path of righteousness."

Do you ever think that the Lord is giving you the answer to the question that you ask, however, you fail to see His answer because you're waiting for the answer you want? You pray so much for something but the answers that come back aren't what you feel are right? I have to keep telling myself that God doesn't make mistakes. The answers that He keeps giving me are what's best for me and I keep holding on because I say, No, He's got to be mistaken. That can't be right. Let me pray one more time...but those prayers are answered the same way as the previous 10, 20, 30 times I asked the question. I've come to the agonizing realization that I've turned my back on my faith and relied on me. My testimony...the many tears I've cried in pain, heartache, sorrow and hurt. Each teardrop that runs down my face and hits my pillow is proof as to how unreliable my decisions are.  Waking up with a pain that runs so deep in my chest that I can't do anything but close my eyes and go back to sleep, is my testimony that I'm doing it wrong.

“Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love. But in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again.”

My soul feels closed and cold. My heart is shallow and broken. Each one of these lonely tears is a lesson to be learned. Trust in God for he shall lead you down a righteous path. If I open my eyes to the Love that God faithfully gives to me, maybe I shall feel wonderful again? He is the only one that will never forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment